Saturday, July 01, 2006

It's all about the packaging

Call me fussy. I really, really do not like cleaning up after my dogs. I think I have pretty much mastered the skill of bagging that loathsome stuff with a minimum degree of ickiness. That notwithstanding . . . I never developed anything akin to affection for the whole process.

Until today.

Check out this bag. How goddamn cute is this ?!

Let me take a moment to point out the finer points of this bag.

First, I can't tell you how much I enjoy the fact that this bag was designed with handles. This way, if I just can't part with my dog's latest creation, I can comfortably carry it with me for the duration of our walk.

Next, the bag has a great name: "Poopy Pouch." How clever. It truly does change my whole perspective. While a steaming sac o' crap is just disgusting, a Poopy Pouch Doggy Poo Bag is friggin' adorable!

Finally, while I am toting this bag all over my neighborhood, I can be proud of its fantastic graphics.

Let's take a closer look, shall we?

OMG! There is a pooping puppy on the poopy pouch!!!! Not only is this just the most darling little picture, but should I ever forget the reason why I am carrying this bag . . .

I am so excited about this new product. Now I can't wait for my dogs to shit!

This is the greatest idea since the Britax Shipping Containers.

Thank you Poopy Pouch!

-

I have to tell you . . . I still cannot figure out why the bag's little defecator is wearing a crown. What the hell is that about?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still cannot figure out why the bag's little defecator is wearing a crown. What the hell is that about?

Well, it's an indication of quality, isn't it? After all, you wouldn't catch the KING of dogs allowing his poop to be scooped into just any old sack. Only the best, you see.

Reluctant Kerry said...

Well that makes perfect sense. Frankly, I'm a little embarrassed that didn't occur to me sooner.

Perhaps I should be in the market for a bag better suited to the PLEB of dogs.

Reluctant Kerry said...

Check's in the mail.

Anonymous said...

The Poopy Pouch bags are made by crown products. That must be the reason for the crown on the dog's head. These bags have a lemon scent and are easy to use.

My condo complex has several of these Poopy Pouch Pet waste stations on its property. It's a great idea.

Reluctant Kerry said...

I'll tell you this much. That had better be some mighty potent lemony freshness to compete with the aroma of lamb & rice passed through the business end my basset hounds . . .

Unknown said...

I always thought the (unused) bags smelled more like soap than lemon...

My theory on the dog wearing a crown is that who other than a king would have someone constantly pick up their poo? :)

At any rate, disgusted or not, I applaud you for actually picking up after your dog - my apartment complex has many Poopy Pouch stands and yes walking my dog, I'm always dodging landmines left behind.