Sunday, May 21, 2006

Speeding Ticket

It seems that I am an easy target for mockery. I've grown used to it from colleagues, neighbors, my banker, etc. But ridicule from a first grader was not something I was quite prepared for.



Yup. That's right. This is a $100.00 ticket for "speeding for talking."

I asked my six-year-old niece for clarification. What did I do to deserve such a hefty fine? Apparently she felt this citation was warranted in light of two factors: (1) talking too fast, and (2) talking too much.

She handed me the ticket, walked away, and laughed herself silly.

Just try to collect, funny girl.

3 comments:

Matt Kohai said...

I love that one... I'm an uncle twelve times over, soon to be thirteen, but that - it really takes the cake for niece-/nephew-dom... funny stuff.

Reluctant Kerry said...

I think this lends support to the theory espousing a genetic predisposition to smart ass behavioral traits, don't you?

Anonymous said...

Reluctant,
If you want to be the world's neatest aunt, pay the ticket with chocolate gold coins. Your neice will love that you played along and you get to eat the change.